Tuesday 25 May 2010

Paul Gray - Slipknot in France

Saddened to hear this morning the death of Slipknot bass player Paul Gray.

Here's a piece I wrote this morning >

Following the release of 'All Hope is Gone' in 2008, I interviewed Shawn and Chris from the band when they played Glasgow's SECC arena in Dec '08, ( Watch the interview here > ) and they returned to Europe the following year to play some of the biggest festivals.

Here's some footage of them playing at the Les Eurockéennes festival in Belfort, their most recent gig in France:



OK, obviously not a French band, but I'm keeping the definition of what's relevant to this blog as wide as possible. I aim to be inclusive, rather than operate some kind of policy that keeps things I like off the picture.

French band? They're here. Band singing in French ? Good enough. Some kind of vague French connection? Still making the grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment