Monday 1 August 2011

Editorial: August 2011

July 2011 was again a record month for Vive Le Roq in terms of visitor numbers, so thanks for dropping by, I'm very grateful.

This month things will be a little different, primarily because for the first two weeks of August I will be away from the computer keyboard and enjoying some holiday time, so rather than hoping to grab some time while on holiday to write up Vive le Roq, and inevitably not being able to on account of being busy having fun, I though I would write up a few articles in advance and hopefully these will publish while I am away.

For July I also have to thank some of the record companies who have been in touch, and this month a special thanks has to go to Cuneiform Records for the round-up of recent Richard Pinhas releases, which should be appearing here over the next couple of days.

I'm a huge fan of Pinhas, and I'm very grateful to him and the team at Cuneiform for the opportunity to review some of his recent work and for him taking the time to sign them for a fanboy like me!

Like previous months, July has given me a chance to not only talk about some music I love, but to also hear some new stuff that I've not heard before. I've thouroughly enjoyed the opportunity and look forward to spending a couple of weeks listening to more new material as well as old stuff that's new to me.

As always, if you want to get in touch I am available on email at John Kilbride AT hotmail DOT com (no space between my first and second name, use the appropriate symbols instead of the AT and the DOT, but I'm sure you probably figured that out...)

No comments:

Post a Comment