Wednesday 1 February 2012

Editorial: February 2012


I'm very pleased to say it has been another record month for the Vive le roq French music blog, with more visitors than ever coming here in January.

I've upped the number of posts I've been making simply on account of the amount of great stuff I've been hearing and the rising profile of French music.

This month has seen Charlotte Gainsbourg on a UK current affairs TV programme and M83 being used as the music for a TV promo for the Olympic Games on the BBC, so I reckon that 2012 looks like it will be a vintage year for French music.

Some French releases ahve already been getting mainstream attention, whether Ms Gainsbourg or Frànçois & The Atlas Mountains whose album has just been released. Next month's Justice live dates will certainly continue the attention on French music.

I can be contacted by email at the address johnkilbride AT hotmail DOT com, with the spaces and the appropriate @ and . in the address.

Merci et à bientôt

jk

No comments:

Post a Comment