Monday 21 May 2012

Copyright and wrongs


Close followers of the blog may have noticed a couple of posts have been removed. This was due to a complaint that I had infringed on copyright.

To clarify, I don't own the copyright to the videos I link to on this site and I have never claimed that I do. Equally I don't actually put the videos online.

I link to videos that are widely available elsewhere on video websites to draw attention to music that I feel merits attention.

If there's an objection to me doing this, fair enough. I'll take the page and the link down. At the end of the day, it's their ball, and if they don't want me playing with it, that's their call. I'm happy to comply.

I'll leave it others to argue whether or not this is the best strategy for entertainment companies to engage with new media.

I don't make money out of this blog, I do it because I think the music deserves attention. I share videos that are already available elsewhere that visitors to this site may not have seen.

Also to clarify, I don't offer illegal downloads on this site, and I don't link to sites that do. I personally do not illegally download music and I don't think you should either.

If you like any of the music I've featured on the site, show your support by buying the music.

I believe that artists and those involved in the companies that support them deserve to make a living. I suppose that even includes lawyers for music companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment