Monday 9 November 2020

Look! It's a surprise from Sébastien Tellier

 Surprise! Sebastien tellier has a new album out this week. 

Just a matter of months after he released Domesticated, Simple Mind sees Tellier re-interpret some of his own songs, re-recording them in a style he describes as "minimalist yet lush".

 From his 2001 debut L'incroyable vérité to Domesticated, Tellier has over the course of seven studio albums, several soundtracks and a number of collaborations and side projects established himself as one of France's most significant and innovative musical artists.

Look originally featured on his 2008 Sexuality album. Other tracks featuring on the new collection are Domestic Tasks, L'amour et la violence, A Ballet, Divine, Intromission, Finger of Steel, Stuck in a Summer Love, Comment revoir Oursinet, Ricky L'adolescent and Against the Law

Tellier says about the new collection: "Simple Mind is a total rebirth for my music. For this minimalistic live recording, I’m cleansing my own songs so you can (re)discover them in the most pure and intimate way. 

"I want to take you to the closest of my chords, my melodies and my voice in order to share the essence of my art with you. 

"As simple as that. "

No comments:

Post a Comment