Friday 27 July 2012

Madonna: Je t'aime moi non plus


Well, Madonna's surprise show in Paris at the Olympia didn't seem to go down as well as she might have hoped.

It was a scaled down version of her stadium show, as would be expected from a smaller venue, but I dont think the 45 minutes that ensued pleased the 2,700 fans in the historic venue.

Video on YouTube shows the boos and whistles, and cries of "Remboursez, remboursez, remboursez!" and "Salope!" at the end of the show. Plastic bottles can be seen landing on the stage after being thrown.

During the show she spoke about her affinity for France, saying "It could go all the way back to Napoleon, because I think of myself as a revolutionary."

She spoke during her monologue about the row that saw her being sued by Front National leader Marine Le Pen for screening an image of her with a swastika superimposed on her face during Madonna's Paris show

"I know that I have made a certin Marine Le Pen very angry with me.

"It's not my intention to make enemies, it is my intention to promote tolerance."

She added: "If we don't learn from history we are bound to repeat it."

Le Monde focused on her response to Le Pen

Liberation criticised her show, commenting that she came on 45 minutes late, played for 45 minutes and left without a goodbye or a thank you.

Meanwhile, Les Inrocks uses the word "pathétique" to describe her version of Gainsbourg's "Je t’aime, Moi Non Plus" that she performed at the end of her set.

No comments:

Post a Comment