Monday 1 October 2018

Editorial: October 2018

As expected, September did indeed turn out to be quite a month for releases.

It's the season of La rentrée, which amongst other things marks a huge number of books being published, and certainly the French music scene has been every bit as busy with some major new products by some of France's biggest artists.

Christine and the Queens, Mylène Farmer and Jean-Michel Jarre  all released either new collections of significant compilations,  and favourites from this blog including Flavien Berger and Grand Blanc released their second albums.

There's been much to enjoy, and I'm pleased to have reviewed a few of these albums so far. I'll have a few more reviews in the next few days and weeks as I catch up with listening to the torrent of new material and doing it justice. 

I'm available by email at johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with a couple of obvious changes in the email address that I'm sure you can guess. If you're a PR for a French act, label or event, just drop me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

I'm always pleased to get feedback, suggestions and inspiration. The blog is also on Twitter as @viveleroq, so give us a follow or contact us via there. I'm also on Twitter as @karnag, and usually respond a bit quicker on that address especially when I'm out the office.

If you're on Facebook, be sure to Like or Follow the French Music Podcast UK page, where I'm posting links to French music videos - new and old - several times a day. It's well worth getting in your social media feed.

Thanks as always to the team at Oui Love Music for all their work introducing French acts to the international audience.

 John K

No comments:

Post a Comment