Tuesday 4 December 2018

Editorial: December 2018

Another busy month over, and the holiday season well and truly upon us. Time to celebrate.

Last month saw an incredible number of new releases, and I'll spend some time over the next couple of weeks reviewing a few of them. This has been an absolute vintage year for French music.

I'll also feature a few of my favourites of 2018, albums and videos, to give a flavour of some of the music that has been inspiring this blog over the last 12 months.

Of course, no shortage of events and releases over the next few weeks, kicking off with the Transmusicales festival in Rennes, with the associated Bars en Trans featuring some very interesting developing acts as well.

I'll feature as many of these as I can over the next few days.

If things have seemed a little quiet here over the last few months, it's worth getting over to Facebook where you should Like or Follow the French Music Podcast UK page, where I'm posting links to French music videos - new and old - several times a day.

Previously I might have put a short post on the blog here if I had an interesting video, but recently I've taken to presenting them on the Facebook page instead.

The blog here seems a more appropriate place for longer pieces like reviews or features. The sort of thing that I've been putting up over the past few weeks.

I'll keep the short video pieces for the Facebook page.  If you're wondering about it, we've managed three or four posts every weekday for the last while, so loads of content going on there. Give it a like, it is at French Music Podcast UK

I'm available by email at johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with a couple of obvious changes in the email address that I'm sure you can guess.

If you're a PR for a French act, label or event, just drop me an email. I look forward to hearing from you. I'm always pleased to get feedback, suggestions and inspiration.

The blog is also on Twitter as @viveleroq, so give us a follow or contact us via there. I'm also on Twitter as @karnag, and usually respond a bit quicker on that address especially when I'm out the office.

Thanks as always to the team at Oui Love Music - soon to be What the France - for all their work introducing French acts to the international audience. John K

No comments:

Post a Comment