Sunday 1 December 2013

Editorial: December 2013


We're already into December, and most of the year's releases are out of the way and the final push for
Christmas sales are under way.

However, a busy month for us here as I'll be over in France later this week for the Rencontres Trans  Musicales de Rennes event, and a chance to see some of the best acts from France and elsewhere.

While names like Stromae are well known, there are many others on the bill that merit attention and I've been featuring a few of them over the past few days and I'll feature a few more in the days before and after the event.

Meanwhile, I'll also be putting my thoughts toward what I reckon to be the French album of the year, a much sought-after award.

November was a an interesting month here at Vive le Roq, with one of the busiest we've had so far in terms of traffic, and hopefully we'll be building on that in the months to come into 2014.

I can be contacted on johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with the appropriate punctuation where you'd expect it to be.

We're also on Twitter as @viveleroq or you can find me at @karnag

Thanks as always to the various record companies and promoters who have been in touch, and  thanks again to the Institut francais in London and the French Music Office in London for help and encouragement.

Merci et à bientôt

John K

No comments:

Post a Comment