Wednesday 1 October 2014

Editorial: October 2014

A  busy month in September, with another busy one ahead. 

Fortunately most of the busy things ahead involve French music, with a wealth of new releases ahead

I found myself a bit sidetracked in September with the Scottish Independence referendum and associated work occupying much of my time. It might not have gone as I had hoped, but such discussion is for elsewhere.

September also saw some key French acts playing in the UK, with Yann Tiersen, Moodoid, Orval Carlos Sibelius all playing. More are here this month, with the Oui Love Exchange Tour featuring Andrea Balency and NLF3  at venues across the UK, along with Etienne Daho and Lily Wood playing shows in London.

The pre-Xmas busy release schedule continues, with several significant releases scheduled over the next few weeks, and we'll hopefully be across most of these.

As always, I can be contacted on johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with the appropriate punctuation where you'd expect it to be. I'm always pleased to hear from record companies, PR companies and promoters, so do get in touch.

We're also on Twitter as @viveleroq or you can find me at @karnag

Thanks as always  to the good people at the French Music Office in London and to the Institut francais in London for their help and encouragement.

Merci et à bientôt

John K

No comments:

Post a Comment